Bill
Bill, LCSW, Consultant, Expert Witness
Experience:  35 years treating individuals, couples, families with mental health and substance abuse prob's
48585111

How do I interact with a 34 year old stepdaughter that has NPD and attempts to change the

How do I interact with a 34 year old stepdaughter that has NPD and attempts to change the way that others in the family view me? She "makes up" her own "facts" about who I am and then feeds this to others. I have come to realize that she actually BELIEVES herself, too. Is it lying when she believes the things she makes up? She also "projects" her own negative qualities onto ME and then tells others how terrible I am, although what she says is untrue.

Bill :

Hello- Thank you for asking the question here at JustAnswer. I have read what you have written and am happy to respond.

Bill :

This is a very common question and people are baffled with how creative and annoying the NPD can be. You are correct, they formulate whatever "facts" are necessary to achieve their gains

Bill :

They are experts at acting and can convince and Eskimo to buy snow.

Bill :

They leave a toxic cloud in their wake and all around are effected and the person with NPD will lack any awareness or sensitivity.

Bill :

I think the follow information addressed the best way to deal with the NPD and maintain your sanity.

Bill :

It , along with several others on the site will help you.

Bill :

I wish you the best,

Bill :

Bill

As you were off line- I have answered below.
Best, Bill
PLEASE CLICK ACCEPT