Schuyler - ANP
Schuyler - ANP, Nurse
Experience:  Adult Nurse Practitioner, MSN, private practice and hospitalist experience

transference relationship with therapist and coping with the sens

Customer Question

transference relationship with therapist and coping with the sense of abandonment when he disconnected and became clinical after showing signs of being attracted to me for a time that then allowed for me to do some self analysis of past pain and then having to deal with the pain that i had denied myself from my childhood and now I have the added pain of his detachment.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Schuyler - ANP replied 5 years ago.

Welcome to Just Answer and thanks for your question. I am sorry transference ruined your first therapeutic relationship to the extent that the therapist had to withdraw for your own good. Perhaps your new therapist will work through this with you so that you understand why you redirected your feelings to the therapist.

The idea of therapy is to work through the sadness. That you are being dragged back into it means that you still have some work to do. It is only by working through the sadness that you will feel better.