Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.

I had inquired on August 6th of last year for my sister. She'

Customer Question

I had inquired on August 6th of last year for my sister. She's been in the hospital about 12 times in one year. She starts to vomit and gets severe stomach pain. Can depression cause this? Can taking an illegal drug cause this? Can throwing up purposely (bulimea) cause this? They don't seem to find anything physically wrong with her and the last time she admitted to me that it was stress...not sure what else to do for her. I see her suffering terribly. Oh, also she's almost 46 and has lost a significant amount of weight (70 lbs) in the last year..she says it's from being in and out of the hospital but usually when you come out of the hospital you gain a little bit of the weight you've lost. She just keeps losing more and more weight and I know she's not excercising because she's not an excerciser type person. I can tell she's not even caring anymore about herself. Can someone offer their opinion please? Thank you.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Pauline replied 5 years ago.

Hello can you tell me what tests and investigations she has had in hospital?

What medication is she on?

When does she vomit? Is it related to eating?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
They've done several tests such as MRI's, C-scans, and Endoscopies, chest and lung exray and sonograms. They put her on Nexium but not sure exactly if she's kept up with it because she doesn't tell me the truth. She vomits after she eats but she also has excruciating abdominal pain when she does vomit, to the point where she's got to get to a hospital because she cannot tolerate the pain. Today is her 2nd full day in the hospital and she's still in alot of pain and she's also nauseaus but that may be from the morphine she's on. Please let me know if you need any additional info. Thank you.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
This question was never answered, please credit me the $15.00 on my credit card. Thank you.