Bill
Bill, LCSW, Consultant, Expert Witness
Experience:  35 years treating individuals, couples, families with mental health and substance abuse prob's
48585111

i was admitted to mental hospital for 8 days and didnt see

Customer Question

i was admitted to mental hospital for 8 days and didnt see the doctor assigned to me is that normal?
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Bill replied 3 years ago.

Bill :

Hello- Thank you for asking the question here at JustAnswer. I have read what you have written and am happy to respond.

Bill :

I am sorry to hear about this. If you could share more about the type of facility and if you feel comfortable giving me the name and location, I would be most happy to look into this as this is NOT standard operating procedure. Physicians are legally and ethically mandated to interact with patients. More information from you will help me find out what you can do as this is wrong.

Bill :

Best, Bill

Bill, LCSW, Consultant, Expert Witness
Experience: 35 years treating individuals, couples, families with mental health and substance abuse prob's
Expert:  Bill replied 3 years ago.
What Happens Now?

Your chat has ended, but you can still work with your Expert to get an answer to your question if you have not yet received one.

Come back to this page at any time to see additional information from your Expert.  You will also receive an email when your question is updated.  If you want to send a message to your Expert, use the box below.

If you have already received a satisfactory answer to your question, click the Accept button above.  Experts are credited for each accepted answer they provide.
Expert:  Bill replied 3 years ago.
As you were off line- I have responded above. If you can give me the information requested, I will look into this for you and provide options on what you can do if you chose to do so.
Best, Bill
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
the hospital was penninsula in blount county tennessee and i saw admitting dr but during my 8 day stay i did not see my assigned dr once, but did see a therapist in counseling session but not my assigned dr
Expert:  Bill replied 3 years ago.
Thanks for your reply. If you were not seen by a physician over an 8 day course, I would file a complaint with the Tenn State Medical Board. that oversees physician behavior and Hospital Certification:
HERE IS THE LINK WITH CONTACT INFORMATION:
http://health.state.tn.us/boards/complaints.htm

Call their 800 number today.

I wish you the best, Bill