Bill
Bill, LCSW, Consultant, Expert Witness
Experience:  35 years treating individuals, couples, families with mental health and substance abuse prob's
48585111

Hello, I think there is something going on with my husband.

Hello, I think there is something going on with my husband. His symptoms are:
-very irritable (short-lasting bad mood explosions over little things few times a day and feeling sorry afterward)
- uneasy sleep (restless sleep, talking, nightmares)
- problems with concentration (cannot watch a movie without talking, frequent change of topic and disturbing in the middle of the sentence during discussions)

In addition, if that is of any importance, he is 32, very slim, talks a lot and according to his family and him he has been like described-above for his entire life.

I do not know if this might be somatic, psychological or just no problem. What do you think this might be? What tests could help the diagnosis?

It is easy to guess that life with him is not easy so I would very much appreciate your advice. Thank you in advance.
Agnes
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Bill replied 5 years ago.

Bill :

Hello- Thank you for asking the question here at JustAnswer. I have read what you have written and am happy to respond.

Bill :

Agnes, I am sorry to hear about these problems your husband has been experiencing. Of course, you want to rule out any medical problems by if his family relates that this has been part of his long standing history, it sounds to me that he has a form of Adult Attention Deficit DIsorder that may further be complicated with a depressive illness.

Bill :

You can learn more about Adult ADD at the following link. I also suggest that he take the Adult ADHD quiz as it will give an immediate result and provide recommendations for treatment.

Bill :

Here is the link:
http://psychcentral.com/addquiz.htm

Bill :

Should he have adult add, he will need to see a physician for some medication.

Bill :

I trust that this jhelps to answer the question,

Bill :

I wish you the best, Bill

Bill :

PLEASE CLICK ACCEPT

Expert:  Bill replied 5 years ago.
As you were off line- I answered above. Please feel free to respond here.
Best, Bill
Please Click Accept