Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.

I have been married for 14 years. My husband is a good man,

Customer Question

I have been married for 14 years. My husband is a good man, but I feel our marriage has deteriorated to a point that im not sure if I care anymore. We have talked about issues several times, but never any changes. My issues are that he seems to prefer to be by himself. He is minimally involved in our family. He takes our kids to practices, but complains. We seem like a chore to him. another major issue is his hygiene habits he will go up to 6 days in a row without showering or brushing his teeth!! i CANNOT TOLERATE THIS ANY LONGER . This has obviously affected our sex life as I am less attracted to him and refuse to have sex unless he is clean. He is a good provider and fixes what is broken, but is absent emotionally. I dont know what to do.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Michael replied 5 years ago.
Hello. I believe I can be of help to you with this issue.

Do you have kids? And what do you think you will think or do if things stay the way they are for say, the next 3-5 years?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
yes we have 3 children ages 10, 7, and 3. If things do not change I dont believe I can continue on in this marriage for the next 3-5 years. This is like that last ditch effort for me. this has been going on too long. Im going to speak with a conselor in my area this Friday