Pamela, LCSW
Pamela, LCSW, Psychotherapist/MSW
Experience:  25 years of experience in private practice and inpatient psychiatry;licensed in two states

where can I take online a test to see what my GAF score is

Customer Question

where can I take online a test to see what my GAF score is ? I'm currently going through theraphy for anxiety and panick attacks, my employer denie my short term disability, so I want to understand what GAF score is, since I'm currently not able to go to work. How long does it take to recover from anxiety and panick attacks ? Im taking medicine and the doctor said that 8 weeks should be appropriate.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Pamela, LCSW replied 5 years ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting Just Answer:

The way the GAF score is calculated is based on a chart in the DSM IV-R, which is the manual for psychiatric disorders. If you can look at one at the library or there may be an online version, the GAF scale is often found in the front and measures your ability to function on a daily basis.

It is difficult to give a ballpark estimate on recovery from anxiety and panic attacks. EIght weeks should be sufficient for the medication to begin taking effect, however, it is not guaranteed. The best treatment for anxiety and panic is a combination of psychotherapy and medication.

I hope this is helpful and wish you well,

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
but where can I find this test online ?

It is not a test. It is just a chart with numbers on it-attached to different behaviors. You should look up GAF scores or DSM IV-R to find it.