Selah R, M.S. LPC
Selah R, M.S. LPC, Therapist
Experience:  Licensed Professional Counselor; over 13+ yrs exp working with adults, teens, & families/couples.

is valium or diazapam being reformulated

is valium or diazapam being reformulated?
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Selah R, M.S. LPC replied 5 years ago.

Selah R, M.S. LPC :

Thank you for trusting JustAnswer with your important question.

Selah R, M.S. LPC :

Valium will continue to be offered as a generic medication. It is frequently tested in new combinations or extended release forms to treat things from anxiety, seizure, and even irritable bowel.

Selah R, M.S. LPC :

Some clients have complained that their prescription doesn't work as well as it use to, and sometimes is related to their pharmacy changing manufacturers of the generic version.

Selah R, M.S. LPC :

You may also see the medication marketed under different names, such as Valrelease, which is just an extended release version of Valium.

Customer :

Thank you so Diazapam is available with a prescription? I heard a rumour they were going to reformuate it but saw nothing on google etc. so you are saying it is available if needed. If different let me know.

Selah R, M.S. LPC :

Yes is the US it requires a prescription for legal purchase. Diazepam has been such a useful medication for so many years, I don't see it being discontinued anytime soon!