Carol Kryder LMFT
Carol Kryder LMFT, Mental Health Professional
Experience:  APA Board Certified, Diplomate,Substance Abuse Professional, 20 years family therapy experience
13965555

Everything i have read about narcissistic rage seems to explain

Everything i have read about narcissistic rage seems to explain rage as a reaction to an injury which occurs when a persons "omnipotent view of oneself is not acknowledged or accepted by another. however couldn't rage just be anger at being knocked down over and over by others in otherwise couldn't it be a reaction to not being respected as person rather than a reaction to a real or perceived threat to an "over the top sense of specialness.:?

Carol Kryder LMFT :

Hello and Welcome to JustAnswer. Your question is not closed until you are satisfied. I am happy to assist you with your question.

Customer :

Hi carol

Customer :

do you have any thoughts on my question?

Customer :

I am trying to understand rage it seems to me that it is not always a reaction to ones "special ness not being acknowledged but it could be a reaction to just not being treated well?

Carol Kryder LMFT :

Omigosh. I posted an answer and it is not here. Let me restate my reply

Carol Kryder LMFT :

Of course you can have a reaction to not being treated well. Narcissistic rage is a term used for people who have traits of Narcissistic Personality Disorder. The type of rage you are describing is more applicable to poor treatment or even righteous indignation, but it is not narcissistic unless the person is a narcissist. Make sense?

Customer :

yes but if ones reactions to a situation are over the top that is full of rage because they tap into feelings from ones past such as being abused or not respected this does not mean that one is a narcissist does it? one can have a narcissistic injury without having an unrealistic view of ones self that is one can have rage as a reaction without being a narcissist ? corrrect?

Carol Kryder LMFT :

Answer to first question: No.

Carol Kryder LMFT :

Answer to Question # XXXXX: No

Carol Kryder LMFT :

Answer to second question: yes.

Carol Kryder LMFT :

Don't confuse a narcissistic injury with being a narcissist.

Carol Kryder LMFT :

However, having said the above, if you have a problem with rage and anger you might wish to get some assistance with the underlying issues.

Customer :

thank you i just needed some clarification and now i have it.

Carol Kryder LMFT :

Happy to help.