Carol Kryder LMFT
Carol Kryder LMFT, Mental Health Professional
Experience:  APA Board Certified, Diplomate,Substance Abuse Professional, 20 years family therapy experience
13965555

THIS IS NOT A REALLY SERIOUS MENTAL HEALTH PROBLEM,I AM 35

THIS IS NOT A REALLY SERIOUS MENTAL HEALTH PROBLEM,I AM 35 YEARS OLD,SINGLE,2KIDS ,QUALIFIED OPTICIAN,I WANT TO ENROL FOR A GENERAL MEDICINE PROGRAM SO I CAN BE A MEDICAL DOCTOR ,MY PROBLEM IS THAT I HAVE TO DO BSC FIRST SO THAT I CAN QUALIFY BECAUSE WITH MY OPTOMETRY DEGREE ALONE I DONT MEET THE MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS,MY POINTS ARE VERY LOW,THIS ROUTE WIL TAKE 7 TO 8 YEARS,AT MY AGE IST WISE TO PURSUE THIS DREAM ,ANY DISADVANTAGES ,WHAT CAN I USE AS MY INSPIRATION SO I DONT GIVE UP ON THIS DREAM

Carol Kryder LMFT :

Hello and Welcome to JustAnswer. Your question is not closed until you are satisfied. I am happy to assist you with your question.

Carol Kryder LMFT :

What really matters is how badly you want to achieve this dream. At 35 with 8 years of education, you will only be 43 when you can start practicing medicine. That gives you at least 20 years of a medical career, which is certainly worth your time. The only disadvantage I can think of would be the financial burden if you need to borrow a great deal of money to pay for your schooling. That means you will need to work longer and retire later if you have a large student loan.

Carol Kryder LMFT :

My suggestion is to go for it!