Carol Kryder LMFT
Carol Kryder LMFT, Mental Health Professional
Experience:  APA Board Certified, Diplomate,Substance Abuse Professional, 20 years family therapy experience
13965555

for the last 6 months or so I have been feeling that I have

for the last 6 months or so I have been feeling that I have no will to do anything. My pysc. has put me on antidepressents and my therapist isn't really helping. I sleep 2nd shift with husband and get up never getting dressed, I stopped all my chores, my husband just pick them up and is busier,I wait for him to leave for work and sleep somemore. I theought if I got another puppy I would have a reason to do something...live or move and not gain anymore wieght, I hate myself??? Im not sure why I can't get out of this. Ive ussually gotten over these stages in the lingest 1-2 months. THIS ONES BAD!!   Laurie (I've raised golden retrievers for 20yrs.) 3heart attacks 2006 & both hips replaced one in 09 and 2nd 10. Took 3 months to set in.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Carol Kryder LMFT replied 5 years ago.

Carol Kryder LMFT :

Hello and Welcome to JustAnswer. Your question is not closed until you are satisfied. I am happy to assist you with your question.

Carol Kryder LMFT :

Your medication is obviously not working. You need a second opinion, and a change in medication. You also need another therapist. I would try to find a cognitive-behavioral therapist to help you learn how to manage your negative feelings and get you motivated to do more. As for your husband, you know you cannot change him, you can only change yourself.

Carol Kryder LMFT :

Please do this for YOU!

JACUSTOMER-ttffl71p- :

I saw my psyc.last week and she said she did think I was as depressed like before and my therapist I have been with for now on 8+ yrs. I don't understand am I not comunicating something right??

Carol Kryder LMFT :

Apparently you are not communicating properly. That is why I would like you to start over with a new doctor who will look at your case with fresh eyes. All you need to do is get another opinion. You can stay with your present doctor if you wish, but get another opinion.

Carol Kryder LMFT :

If you have been with your therapist for 8 years and are not getting better, it may be a good idea to get another therapist, but for sure please get another medical opinion from another doctor and have your medications evaluated.