TherapistMarryAnn, Therapist
Experience:  Over 20 years experience specializing in anxiety, depression, drug and alcohol, and relationship issues.

3yrs boy -bites pushes spits,does not join in with group,will

3yrs boy -bites pushes spits,does not join in with group,will not sit at table.runs around in circles, laughing ,poor language skills
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  TherapistMarryAnn replied 5 years ago.

Hi, I'd like to help you with your question.

It sounds like this little boy may need an evaluation either by his doctor or by a mental health professional. It is either one of two things- he has behavioral issues or he has a diagnosis such as autism, ADHD or another type of learning disability. The poor language skills may indicate a mild speech problem or be part of the autism diagnosis.

If there is a local children's hospital nearby, he could be seen there by a psychologist for the evaluation.

Behavior modification can also be used to try to temp his behavior. It sounds as if this has already been tried and it is not working so far. Until he has been seen and evaluated, it is unclear if the behavior modification would work. However, you can continue to try until more information is known about the reasons behind his behavior. Here is a link to help you with some information about techniques you can try:

I hope this has helped you,

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
this was not my question??

I dont know who did ask but i think there is a glitch!

I am so sorry about that. I have reported this question to the moderator.