Selah R, M.S. LPC
Selah R, M.S. LPC, Therapist
Experience:  Licensed Professional Counselor; over 13+ yrs exp working with adults, teens, & families/couples.

Hi Selah, Thanks for the advice on everything.How would

Hi Selah,

Thanks for the advice on everything.How would you approach the situation with my mother on wanting to crossdress like a dominatrix and provide such services?Should I say something or just keep to myself at this point in time?I would like to get such a service up and running within two years(longest three years but not looking to wait that long).Thanks again.

Selah R, M.S. LPC :

Thank you for trusting JustAnswer with your important question.

Selah R, M.S. LPC :

I think that gets to the hard-to-define line on how much information is too much. Especially between a child and a parent (even though you're an adult). I don't think your mom would approve of your line of work, probably out of fear that you could get hurt by a client or an assailant posing as a client.

Selah R, M.S. LPC :

I know many parents who have accepted their kids being gay, crossdressers, and even transgendered. But most of them still accept that part of their kids without really wanting to know the sexual details. I think most parents would freak out at the thought of their child being in a BDSM lifestyle.

Selah R, M.S. LPC :

So she may be ok with you dressing in female clothes, but I'd keep your professional choice and sex life private as part of healthy boundaries and to protect your mom from the worry. Once you're established and confident in your safety and ability to make a living in that specialty, then it might be time to tell mom.

JACUSTOMER-5orp0hdz- :

Thanks for the help.I will definetly take your advice to heart.Thanks again.