Carol Kryder LMFT
Carol Kryder LMFT, Mental Health Professional
Experience:  APA Board Certified, Diplomate,Substance Abuse Professional, 20 years family therapy experience
13965555

Please help me......how do I deal with my husbands infildelty

Please help me......how do I deal with my husbands infildelty? I found out about six weeks ago and its killing me...at first I tried to try to emprove things...now that I found out additonal facts about the affair, I am really to divorce. We have been married almost 11 years.....Please, please help me...I am hurt, scared, and constantly crying....
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Carol Kryder LMFT replied 6 years ago.

Carol Kryder LMFT :

Hello and Welcome to JustAnswer. Your question is not closed until you are satisfied. I am happy to assist you with your question.

Carol Kryder LMFT :

You have few choices here. You cannot change his behavior, and it sounds like you are ready to divorce him. If so, see an attorney immediately. Most attorneys will give you a free consult to see if you will be able to work together

Carol Kryder LMFT :

The other thing you need to do immediately is to find a therapist who can support you thorough this terrible time. You are devastated and are feeling hurt, angry, betrayed, and frightened. Please find someone to work with you can help you learn how to manage these feelings.

Carol Kryder LMFT :

I know things seem bleak right now, but I promise that you will feel better if you take some action to protect yourself and start to heal from this betrayal of trust. Please do not delay. Get some help now.

Carol Kryder LMFT :

Let me know if you have further questions about this matter.

Carol Kryder LMFT :

Best to you.