TherapistMarryAnn
TherapistMarryAnn, Therapist
Experience:  Over 20 years experience specializing in anxiety, depression, drug and alcohol, and relationship issues.
54658078

the love of my life just ended the relationship for no reason

the love of my life just ended the relationship for no reason and wont talk or give me a reason why and im not sure what to do
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  TherapistMarryAnn replied 6 years ago.

Hi, I'd like to help you with your question.

It is understandable that you feel upset by the breakup. You mentioned you have tried to contact her several times. Since she will not respond to you, she may have a reason why.

One, she could just want to end the relationship and is done. In that case, you have a choice to either mourn the relationship and move on, or keep trying. However, if you keep trying it most likely will not change her mind.

Two you can continue to give her time. Call her or write her once more, tell her you will give her space and then let go. If she wants to come back, she will. If not, you will know.

If you feel you cannot let go after 6 months or more, please seek out counseling to help you deal with your feelings.

I hope this has helped,

Kate