Selah R, M.S. LPC
Selah R, M.S. LPC, Therapist
Experience:  Licensed Professional Counselor; over 13+ yrs exp working with adults, teens, & families/couples.
3241695

I have a question for you gender and jobs.I recently a job

I have a question for you gender and jobs.I recently a job for a cigarette girl position and have been out of work for a long time.Do you think I should give a shot and apply for the job?I would appreciate the advice and/or support.Thanks

Selah R, M.S. LPC :

Thank you for trusting JustAnswer with your important question.

Selah R, M.S. LPC :

There is no harm in applying. Depending on the establishment they may be using the term "cigarette girl" but may be open to having a male fill the position, especially if they like your personality.

Selah R, M.S. LPC :

Your best bet would be to attempt to apply in person so they can actually meet you, instead of ignoring your application simply because you are male.

Selah R, M.S. LPC :

Let them know why you are interested in the position and in their establishment, as that will go a long way in earning their confidence that you can be a good match for them.

Selah R, M.S. LPC :

Best wishes,

Selah R, M.S. LPC :

Selah