Dr. K
Dr. K, Psychiatrist
Experience:  15 years clinical experience in all areas of psychiatry. Holistic and practical approach.
50493013

Hi Dr. K., I have two questions for you.The first is that

Hi Dr. K.,

I have two questions for you.The first is that I am thinking about a social gathering group of local crossdressers at so point in time.How should I go about doing this?I was thinking meetup.com but also I was looking for other ways.I have never organized a social group like this.The other question for you is that I did a job recently listed for a cigarette girl position should I apply for it?I have been out of work since last year and think I should be able to apply for this job without hassle since women are applying for traditional male positions.Would like your advice and/or support on this?Thanks
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm a Category Moderator on Just Answer.

Thanks for your question! This is not a request for more information and I apologize if this message caused you any confusion.

I'm sorry that you haven't received an answer yet. Most questions are responded to within the hour, but this can depend on different factors, including the difficulty of your question, how many questions are being posted by customers, whether or not this type of question can be answered in an on line forum and how many Experts are on the site at the time your question posts.

I will go ahead and try to find an Expert to assist you with your question and appreciate your patience. You will receive an email notification when an Expert replies to you, just as you did here. Unfortunately, I can not guarantee a time-frame for which yours will be answered and I apologize a head of time if the wait is longer than expected.

Please do not reply to this message unless you do not need further help. If that is the case, please let me know and I can assist you with that. When you reply, it locks out the question from the Experts and will slow down their response time to you. If they need more information, they will let you know.

Please remember that if you get a satisfactory answer from your Expert to click the green accept button so the Expert is compensated for a job well done. Positive feedback is appreciated by them also. :)

If you have any questions regarding deposits or billing, please feel free to use the help link below:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help

Best,
Walter
Moderator

Sorry for the delayed response. A social gathering group sounds like it would be a good idea for you. Before starting your own, you might want to look into whether one already exists in your area. I would search from some national crossdressing organization to make sure that it's a reputable & safe group. I'm not trying to sound judgmental, but one could argue that cross-dressers aren't quite a part of mainstream society (although, luckily in some more open parts of society they are more accepted); so I would just want you to be safe. Do some research and make sure you're not getting sucked into some fake group (e.g. con artists or cult).

I do not know much about meetup.com so you're on your own there.

I don't think there's any harm in applying for the job you mentioned...but be prepared for the worst possible outcome of rejection. I always say "hope for the best, XXXXX XXXXX worst." And I'm not sure if it would be best to be upfront about being a cross-dresser or whether you should just go dressed as a woman if you think they won't figure it out. I really don't like telling patients or clients to not be honest...but in a potentially judgmental world, it may be the lesser of all evils...your privacy is your privacy. The flip side is if they hire you thinking you are a woman but later figure out you're not, it could come back to haunt you. You may want to consult a legal expert of employment & discrimination on this matter.

I hope this helps...good luck.

_____________________________________________________________________________
Please let me know if you need more information. We can continue the dialog until you are satisfied. Once your are happy with the answers don't forget to hit the ACCEPT button & provide expert feedback. Also remember that this is not an official doctor patient relationship and not a substitute for a full live psychiatric evaluation. Thank you for using justanswers.com

Dr. K, Psychiatrist
Experience: 15 years clinical experience in all areas of psychiatry. Holistic and practical approach.