Bill
Bill, LCSW, Consultant, Expert Witness
Experience:  35 years treating individuals, couples, families with mental health and substance abuse prob's
48585111

My husband was diagnosed with ischaemic vascular dementia in

Customer Question

My husband was diagnosed with ischaemic vascular dementia in August 2010, he is 58 years old and we have been married for 31 years. For the past few weeks he has been hypersexual to the point of chatting up every pretty lady he comes across. He has a few times become sexually aggressive with me and is very verbal about what he wants, regardless of who is around. He has lost all inhabitions.If his male friends come to the house, he won't talk to them, if my female friends come, he tries to pick them up. After they leave he wants me to find him a girlfriend, he is in all accounts obsesive. He isn't aware of time. He is afraid of speed in the car. He has no personal hygene. He shows a great deal of apathy. He has always been an extremely conservative man and never discussed sex to anyone. Sometimes he talks like a 5 year old. His diet has changed tremendously. I have researched the different forms of dementia and the only one that seems to come close to the way my hubby is, is Pick's Disease. Please advise your thoughts on this.
regards
Novy
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Bill replied 6 years ago.

Bill :

Hello- Thank you for asking the question here at JustAnswer. I have read what you have written and am happy to respond.

Bill :

I am sorry to hear about this situation with your husband. I have worked with neuro-psychopsychiatric patients throughout the course of my career and one of the primary goals in management is making sure that the patient is medically stable and that he and the family have proper support systems and stabilization.

Bill :

It appears that your husband is completely stabilized if he is acting out as your write. This should be able to be accomplished with medication prescribed by your husbands Neurologists. I would call his Neurologist as soon as possible for assistance.

Bill :

As you are aware, there are many forms of dementia, and I concur from your description that Picks disease is a strong possiblility.

Bill :

Here it a great website that explains the disease and the intervention approaches.

Bill :

I trust that this helps and wish you the best.

Bill :

Bill

Bill :

PLEASE CLICK ACCEPT

Expert:  Bill replied 6 years ago.
My response is above as you were off Line.
I wish you the best, XXXXX XXXXX if necessary.
Bill