Bill
Bill, LCSW, Consultant, Expert Witness
Experience:  35 years treating individuals, couples, families with mental health and substance abuse prob's
48585111

My 30 year old sister lost her vision, memory and sometimes

Customer Question

My 30 year old sister lost her vision, memory and sometimes loses motor and sensory skills on the right side of her body. Her vision loss episodes started in Apr of this year, and initially lasted only hrs, then days, then weeks. The last episode started Dec 3, with the amnesia onset on Dec 19. She regained her vision on Dec 31, but just lost it again this morning.

We have been to numerous ERs, doctors, including neurologists and opthamologists. We've had two MRIs done and a host of other tests. All the test results came back normal, with no metabolic cause to her condition. Most of the drs we've seen believe it's conversion disorder and recommended we see a psychiatrist asap. I've had a lot of trouble finding one who would take on her case. We're lookng for one in the Pasadena / San Gabriel Valley area. Please help.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Bill replied 5 years ago.

Bill :

Hello- Thank you for asking the question here at JustAnswer. I have read what you have written and am happy to respond.

Bill :

I am sorry to hear about your sister.

Bill :

The following is a list of 8 Psychiatrist that are Board Certified and Specialize in Psychosomatic Medicine. within the area that you are living.

Bill :

Read more: http://www.vitals.com/doctor/find?search#ixzz19ssihm20

Bill :

I am certain that one of these doctors will be able to help or direct you to someone that can.

Bill :

I wish you the best, XXXXX XXXXX as necessary.

Bill :

Bill

Bill :

PLEASE CLICK ACCEPT

Expert:  Bill replied 5 years ago.
My Response is above, please reply as necessary.
Bill