Bill
Bill, LCSW, Consultant, Expert Witness
Experience:  35 years treating individuals, couples, families with mental health and substance abuse prob's
48585111

My 17 year old great gandson is in the Caddes, TN facility

My 17 year old great gandson is in the Caddes, TN facility for drug addiction...his mother and father are divorced and his mother remarried about 3 years ago...his father is living with a "wife"...they think their son is the only one with the problem and are not doing anything to help with the home environment when he returns home the end of this month (Jan)...do you have info I can give them to encourage them to attend Al A Non or ???

Bill :

Hello- Thank you for asking the question here at JustAnswer. I have read what you have written and am happy to respond.

Bill :

I am sorry to hear about this problem with your grandson and the family. There is plenty of information regarding Al anon that I can provide that will be helpful to you and the entire family. If you click on the following link you will be at the Al-Anon Web page and it will explain everything about Al Anon and have a link to meetings throughout the World.

Bill :

This will help you and your family a great deal and help to educate all concerned regarding support necessary for someone recovering from addiction.

Bill :

I wish you the best at this difficult time.

Bill :

Please feel free to reply if necessary.

Bill :

Otherwise, PLEASE CLICK ACCEPT

Bill :

Bill

A you were off line I have responded above.
Best to you. This is a link to the middle Tennessee AlAnon
http://www.middletnalanon.org/
Bill
PLEASE CLICK ACCEPT

Edited by Bill on 1/2/2011 at 1:23 PM EST
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Bill, Thank you for your answer and sorry I have been so slow to reply...I was hoping you would be able to give me some information and suggestions how to encourage/persuade the parents to realize they need to do something to help their teenage son through recovery after he returns home from the 45 day program (refer to Dr Phil's program "Brandon's Intervention" TV program)...They have already said they would not attend Al Anon.I already knew about Al Anon and mentioned that in my question and I really didn't need the website for Al Anon but appreciate your effort...Perhaps, I didn't express my question clearly enough...
Thanks for getting back to me. I understand the situation clearly now and rest assured, there will be plenty of contact with the parents from the treatment team at Caddes and they will get everyones attention with planning for discharge and the importance of the parents participating in a supportive way. I have worked with some of the finest inpatient addictive disease programs and the staff and treatment team will make critical decisions with the parents in terms of after care planning and do everything in their power to see that parents agree and support and effective plan.
This should provide some reassurance for you. I wish you the best.
Bill
PLEASE CLICK ACCEPT BUTTON
Thanks
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Yes, I'm so grateful for your answer and I pray the parents will receive the information they need...Thank you so much for your assisstance.
You are most welcome and I wish everyone the best at this difficult time.
Bill