Dr. Shirley Schaye
Dr. Shirley Schaye, Doctor
Experience:  PhD-Psych; Certif. Psychoanalyst NPAP& NYFS; Memb.APsaA;IPA; Pub.Author; Teach/Supervise Therapy

I haven t made an apointment with the dr you recomendet jet

I haven´t made an apointment with the dr you recomendet jet there´s a lot happening in my life right now so i didn´t have time but i just wonder, i have friends or a friend who thinks it´s a good idea for me to take this step. to seek help of a proffesional, but i just wonder if you have any advise or if you´ve had a similar case and know that it will really help, i know that it will probably take a lot of work and commitment from my side to make it work i just would like som...i don´t know a smart persons opinion and input on what it will take. I´m fully aware of my blabbering on about this, but it´s hard for me and i want to know more of what therapy will get me into?
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Shirley Schaye replied 3 years ago.

Dr. Shirley Schaye :

Thank you for contacting Just Answer. Therapy will help you understand your past and will help you move beyond your past so that you don't suffer every day of your life for the rest of your life repeating your pathological past. If you don't do this then you are doomed to repeat your past. We all do. If it was a good past great. If it's not a good past not so great.

Customer :

I understand that you don´t really want to give me an exact answer because you don´t know the whole story but just the real question is, and sure i somehow know the answer, but you don´t think i can fix this by myself, i like to think i can.

Dr. Shirley Schaye :

Well, if you can then there's no problem, is there? That would be wonderful if you can fix the problem b y yourself.

Customer :

haha ok i see, no i got somehow that i can´t, i... sorry, no i will take your words and take help even if it makes my feel somewhat week and not in kontroll, but i know it´s the right thing and it will be great, i just needet that little push, which i moust certainly

Customer :

got now

Customer :

i know there is no overall solution, so wanting to know what exactly will happen is naive but i feel like i get it now

Customer :

i mean the therapy thing, it´s a process it´s not a quick fix but it will help

Dr. Shirley Schaye :

Yes, it's a process --- not a quick fix. I promise you, you will not be sorry. It's a wonderful journey --- no it absolutely does not mean that you are weak. In fact what therapy does is help people be in control of their lives. Happy New Year and I wish you well!

Dr. Shirley Schaye :

If you have no more questions please click on ACCEPT and please leave feedback. If you have more questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Dr. Shirley Schaye :

Just checking to see if you have entered anything in our chat.

Dr. Shirley Schaye, Doctor
Experience: PhD-Psych; Certif. Psychoanalyst NPAP& NYFS; Memb.APsaA;IPA; Pub.Author; Teach/Supervise Therapy