Dr. Shirley Schaye
Dr. Shirley Schaye, Doctor
Experience:  PhD-Psych; Certif. Psychoanalyst NPAP& NYFS; Memb.APsaA;IPA; Pub.Author; Teach/Supervise Therapy
45897396

My guy of 19 years(56 yrs old) left abruptly on Fathers Day 2010. We have a son

Customer Question

My guy of 19 years(56 yrs old) left abruptly on Fathers Day 2010. We have a son that i s just 15. Dear dad has included our son on many dates and has women sleep over with our son present in a one bedroom apt. The courts and local court drs. are not protecting my son emotionally. I have a lot of anxiety with every visitation with dad. I suspect dad is drinking alcohol more. My son told me dad has a lot of porn on his Iphone. My son broods and is down for days after each visitation. His grades are falling.
Is there anything I can do? Is here anyone is Carlsbad, Ca. that can help me.....my heart is in a million pieces and I cannot focus.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Shirley Schaye replied 5 years ago.

Dr. Shirley Schaye :

Thank you for contacting Just Answer. Do you have a lawyer involved in this? You might want to involve a lawyer who could help you take proper action.

Dr. Shirley Schaye :

His behaviour is inappropriate with a 15 year old.

Dr. Shirley Schaye :

I could see if there is a therapist in Carlsbad CA so that you have someone to help you deal with this.

JACUSTOMER-9x0cpbjl- :

I have a family attorney. When in court his (dad's) attorney "yelled" the whole time and bullied dad's way. I ended up with less time, less child support. My attorneys are working on it. My real anxiety and concerns are for my son's well being. I have a really hard time coping when he is with dad and cannot focus on getting my life together. I do not drink, do drugs or meds.

JACUSTOMER-9x0cpbjl- :

I would appreciate the name of a local. Dad cancelled my health insurance but feel I need some help. My only family is in Michigan, so I really have only friends near with families they care for. My life has been my family and raising our son.

Dr. Shirley Schaye :

So I think while the lawyers are working on this issue it would help if you had someone to help you, to listen to you, so you could get through this. Here is a link for therapists in Carlsbad CA. Take a look and see if one would be suitable for you.

Dr. Shirley Schaye :

http://therapists.psychologytoday.com/rms/state/CA/Carlsbad.html

JACUSTOMER-9x0cpbjl- :

Thank you for acknowledging that dad's behavior is inappropriate.......most people including the experts think that this stuff happens all the time and is a part of divorce. Thank you I will take the line.

It is inappropriate!!!!!