Dr. Michael
Dr. Michael, Psychologist
Experience:  Licensed Ph.D. Clinical Health Psychology with 30 years of experience in private practive and as a clinical psychology university professor.
28397935

What type of natural (non narcotic)medications can be taken

What type of natural (non narcotic)medications can be taken while coming off xanax
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Michael replied 5 years ago.
Hello. I believe I can be of help to you with this issue.

Usually, people attempt to deal with the withdrawal symptoms, which tend to be the opposite of the 'use' effects of the drug. So sleeplessness, headaches etc., are common. Let me cite my favorite website for tapering these benzodiazepines, have you look it over, and then get back to me if you have any questions, O.K.

http://www.benzobuddies.org/

I think you will find a wealth of information here as well as free support for tapering the xanax. Please let me know if you don't find exactly what you are looking for at this site. On the JustAnswer site, experts are rather reluctant to recommend or 'prescirbe' courses of action or medications to customers. So take this 'lead' please and go to this site. Please hit the green Accept button at the bottom of the screen before you log off. If you have a follow up question, just tag it to the bottom of this post and I'll be sure to respond to you (next day or so).