Fabio Goderecci
Fabio Goderecci, Psychiatrist
Experience:  MD, Specialist in Psychiatry & Psychotherapy
44846715

I have small pupils when I feel dizzy. I sometimes get the

Customer Question

I have small pupils when I feel dizzy. I sometimes get the feeling of a strong pressure on top of my head that makes me go to the ground as my balance goes, i am forced to sit it out, it can last up to 5 mins.
I can't sleep on my right hand side in bed or I have a 50% chance of getting bad room spinning vertigo.
I have a degree of dizziness constantly now and have done for years, I'm now vitually house bound.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Fabio Goderecci replied 3 years ago.
Hello and thank you for your question to JA. Before I comment more could you please tell have you been visited before by a specialist in neurology and by a specialist in internal medicine and if so which were the results of these visits.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I have seen a ENT and BPPV was mentioned but they couldn't explain the pressure on the head that sends me to the ground, the fact that my condition gets worse the less sleep I get, and the generalised dizziness, all they could say was they think it could be anxiety.
Yes it could be anxiety. My suggestion would be to ask your physician is it possible to prescribe a magnetic resonance of the brain (MRI) to exclude any other central nervous system´s symptoms. Also have the conditions of your neck checked. If you have chronic stiffness of the muscles of the neck physiotherapy could help for the vertigo. If nothing is found most likely the symptoms you have are dissociative symptoms connected with anxiety and they can be treated. It may be panic disorder or generalized anxiety. There are also migraines which can come with a feeling of pressure on the skull, especially stress related migraines. If you have been for some reason for long in a very stressful life situation the symptoms may be related to that.