Howard, Mental Health Professional
Experience:  I have worked 6 years with adolescents with behavioral issues, especially addictions.

My wife drinks between 1 and 2 bottles of wine a day , starting

Customer Question

My wife drinks between 1 and 2 bottles of wine a day , starting around 4pm , she is a good carer of the family and looks after the running of the house , paying bills , cleaning , working 4hrs in the morning as a home help superviser, and can be a ''normal'' person between 9am and 4pm but after this time which she calls her chillout time things change usually reaching a real low point between 10pm and the time she goes to bed around 1am where if something is worded wrong or her son has forgot to do something all hell breaks out ,doors are slamed abuseive language is used , bedroom doors are burst open lights are turned on even though i usually go to bed around 10pm , the next day she goes around as if nothing happend, She doesent think she has a problem , But we are at our wits end with it , Where can i we get advice or help ??? regards John
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Howard replied 5 years ago.

Howard :

Hi, my name is XXXXX XXXXX welcome to JA. I am sorry to hear about the problems you are having with your wife and I know it is a difficult situation for you and your family. It sounds as though she needs some help, but if she is unwilling, there isn't much you can do except get help for you and your family. You will find help, support, and information on how to cope with your wife's drinking and guide her to help at