mindhealer, Therapist
Experience:  Licensed in MD and am also a Board Certified Diplomate (Advanced Practioner) I have over 10 years experience

My daughter may be bi-polar. The hospital put her on Abilify.

My daughter may be bi-polar. The hospital put her on Abilify. She does not have her insurance does not cover mental health. Can you recommend someone in the Mesa, AZ (Phoenix area) that might be able to help with a full diagosis and will be willing to work with her?
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  mindhealer replied 5 years ago.
Good evening. I will do my best to direct you to ensure your daughter maintains her treatment once discharged from the hospital. Given that she is uninsured the best option would be for you yo contact your local health department as they would be able to provide all services needed including both her seeing a psychiatrist and a therapist for free...or at least a very reduced rate. They will also help to apply for state medical assistance to help her pay forget care as well as the medication. This also would be the best bet for her to get samples of abilify until her insurance starts. The website for the health department is WWW.maricopa.government which will have a link to mental health services. I would contact them Monday to get her scheduled for follow up care as soon as possible.

Another suggestion would be to contact the pharmaceutical company that makes abilify as they have programs yo help uninsured patients to receive medications for free. That website is Bristol Myer Squibb and they will have an online application to complete in order for her to receive the medication with no lapse of treatment.

Please let me know if you have any further questions as I want to ensure your question is answered thoroughly.

If you feel I've answered you thoroughly and to your satisfaction I would sincerely XXXXX XXXXX clicking the ACCEPT button thereby giving me credit for your answer. I sincerely XXXXX XXXXX well and look forward to your response. I wish you well.