mindhealer, Therapist
Experience:  Licensed in MD and am also a Board Certified Diplomate (Advanced Practioner) I have over 10 years experience

Hello Dr.Michael Happy New Year... I talked with you before

Hello Dr and Happy New Year.. Well I have conern with my children. Kayley just turned 5 in october and my son Michael is 20 mts old and they both crave my and daddy's attiton, and we do alot of playing with each of them and we play together but, it always seems one is always jelious of the other no matter what we do!! They play wonderful together without us but when dad or mom goes to play it's like they fight or push or cry, and wine and so on to get more attention...I address the issus with Kayley and explain to her that Michael is just a toddler and he learns from you and you need to set a example for him, but it seems not to be working, her feelings are still hurt, Is this normal or should I be doing something different? Should I be concern about this?
Good evening and happy new year to you as well. Your question is a frequently asked one as the behaviors you've identified are actually quite common. Your older child is accustomed to having your sole attention whenever desired and at this point. Its a matter of a transition period for your children to share the attention of their parents. As for how you're handling the are most assuredly handling it appropriately and healthy manner. You just need to continually reinforce this notion to your older child and she will come to terms with it. Explain it to her as I've identified it concerning her having to share attention now though it doesn't mean you love her any less of course. My impression is that she will be more responsive if it's explained to her in this manner. I sincerely XXXXX XXXXX helps to answer your question and I welcome any further questions or clarification you may require.

If I've answered your question thoroughly and completely I would sincerely XXXXX XXXXX clicking the accept button thereby giving me credit for my answer. I wish you well and look forward to your response