Luann, Psychologist
Experience:  Licensed Psychologist, 24 years experience working with children, adolescents, families and adults.

I have noticed that latley i have a tendency to switch, moods

<p>I have noticed that latley i have a tendency to switch, moods i guess you could call it without warning. i seem to have a outgoing positive side were everything seems easy and happy, but then i have another side that feels like im not in control of were thoughts of crime, death ect (really bad thoughts) have free reign. As time goes on it is getting worse and at times i am unable to stop myself from doing really horrible things.</p><p>I was diagnosed with depression about six months ago, and am on medication.</p>
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Luann replied 5 years ago.

Luann :

Luann :

You are right to be worried about your mood swings and your thoughts. Talk to the doctor who is prescribing your medication. It could be that the diagnosis of depression is not totally accurate and/or the medication you are on is not adequately treating you. I also recommend that you see a counselor/therapist to get a better assessment and to help you manage your symptoms. Therapy can help you develop the skills to better manage your symptoms and your life.