Luann, Psychologist
Experience:  Licensed Psychologist, 24 years experience working with children, adolescents, families and adults.

my son is a drug addict ( not heroin) and is now 32. I have

my son is a drug addict ( not heroin) and is now 32. I have done everything I can think of to help him but he has just lost his job adn is back on the dole . He has had a relationship for about 2 years which is good but he tends to also be violent at times. I have a pretty good relationship with him now but I had to put an order on him 2 years ago. wHAT CAN i DO NOW?

Luann :

Luann :

You have probably done everything that you can do for your son. The fact that you have a pretty good relationship with him at this point says a lot about the work you have done on this situation. The best and only thing you can do is love him. He lost his job, he needs to figure out his next step. I am sure he has had a lot of help throughout the years and knows where help is and what he needs to do to help himself. Keep giving him that message - that he knows what he needs to do and when he is ready he will take action. Get as much support as you can for yourself to stay healthy and strong.