Carol Kryder LMFT
Carol Kryder LMFT, Mental Health Professional
Experience:  APA Board Certified, Diplomate,Substance Abuse Professional, 20 years family therapy experience

I go to graduate school full time in a very demanding program.

I go to graduate school full time in a very demanding program. All of my free time is devoted to school. I am thinking of waking up early everyday and working out for an hour. This would require about two hours of my time, with commute, shower, ect. I really don't have the time, but excercise helps my mental health quite a bit. Would you think it would be a good idea to try to get excercise in the morning before school? Or, just keep doing what I'm doing.

Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Carol Kryder LMFT replied 5 years ago.

Carol Kryder LMFT :

Hello and Welcome to JustAnswer. Your question is not closed until you are satisfied. I am happy to assist you with your question.

Carol Kryder LMFT :

I still remember all the pressure of graduate school and I heartily agree that exercise in the morning will make a huge difference in your functioning for the rest of the day. The endorphins will give you a feeling of well being, and the breathing will help to clear your mind. If you can't manage an hour, at least 30 minutes each day will work wonders.

Carol Kryder LMFT :

Best of luck to you!!!!

Customer :

Ok, thank you.