Carol Kryder LMFT
Carol Kryder LMFT, Mental Health Professional
Experience:  APA Board Certified, Diplomate,Substance Abuse Professional, 20 years family therapy experience
13965555

I am 62 years old, and retired. My wife is disabled with M.S.

I am 62 years old, and retired. My wife is disabled with M.S. and has appliances to assit her with bodily functions. I am sorry to say that I am not attracted to her in a sexual way, but I love her and will take care of her for as long as it takes. I am still sexually aroused easily and it makes me feel guilty that I feel the need to masterbate to releive my frustrations. I do not know what I should feel under these circumstances. Any suggestions

Carol Kryder LMFT :

Hello and Welcome to JustAnswer. Your question is not closed until you are satisfied. I am happy to assist you with your question.

Carol Kryder LMFT :

First of all let me say that your feelings are completely normal and you do not need to feel guilty about feeling the way you do. Since you love your wife, might it work to be affectionate, holding, caressing, etc, so at least you can get your needs for touch met? You also might ask her if she will occasionally masturbate you, again, so you can feel the intimacy that you so much desire. Let me know what you think about these ideas. You are much too young to give up on intimacy.

Carol Kryder LMFT :