Carol Kryder LMFT
Carol Kryder LMFT, Mental Health Professional
Experience:  APA Board Certified, Diplomate,Substance Abuse Professional, 20 years family therapy experience
13965555

I think theres something wrong with me and Im too scared

I think there's something wrong with me and I'm too scared to tell anyone or go to a doctor. I keep feeling really anxious and having panic attacks for no reason, my mood changes all the time, when I'm happy I'm really happy but when I'm down I get really bad. I cut myself and get piercing. I just feel like I'm no good, I feel so lonely and empty all the time. And I try to put on a brave face but I know I'm weak. I scared myself the other day, I keep having thoughts about suicide. And I don't know why, and then I feel so guilty that I feel like this. I keep putting myself in dangerous situations like having unprotected sex and getting really drunk and I can't stop myself. It just numbs everything for a while. I don't think like everyone else, I don't interact like everyone else does. There's something wrong with me. My cousin is the only one in my family with any kind of mental illness, she has BPD. Do you think I could have the same? I looked up the symptoms and I have most of them. I just don't know what to do, I don't want to upset my parents as they had a hard time with my sister. She tried to kill herself twice and it broke their hearts, and i don't want to upset them. What should I do?
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Carol Kryder LMFT replied 6 years ago.

Carol Kryder LMFT :

Hello and Welcome to JustAnswer. Your question is not closed until you are satisfied. I am happy to assist you with your question.

Carol Kryder LMFT :

You may not wish to hear this answer, but you need to see a doctor and get on some medication. You will cause yourself and your parents much more sorrow and anguish if you don't. Please do this. Your symptoms and family history are alarming, and it is certainly possible that you may have bipolar disorder.

Carol Kryder LMFT :

Don't let your fear stop you. Just let the fear come and do it anyway. Go to the nearest emergency room if you feel suicidal again. Please let me know if I can help further.

Carol Kryder LMFT :

I care about your welfare and you really need to reach out and accept help.

Carol Kryder LMFT :

Best to you