TherapistMarryAnn
TherapistMarryAnn, Therapist
Experience:  Over 20 years experience specializing in anxiety, depression, drug and alcohol, and relationship issues.
54658078

Hello, I have compulsive overeating issues. I also battle

I have compulsive overeating issues. I also battle mild depression and anxiety, which tends to be worse in the Fall and Winter. I am wondering if I should go to my doctor and ask her if I should be on medication. And what medication would be best to take?

Thank you
Nancy
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  TherapistMarryAnn replied 6 years ago.

Hi, I'd like to help you with your question.

Going to your doctor to discuss your issues is never a bad idea particularly with any health issue such as mild kidney disease. However, given what you have told me, another option might be to explore mental health therapy. A good therapist can do an evaluation to determine the source of your overeating issues and also the level of your depression. Once your evaluation is completed, they can determine the best treatment for you, including whether or not medications are indicated along with talk therapy. Therapy with or without medication can do wonders in helping you understand the source of your issues and provide answers to improve your life.

I hope this has helped you,

Kate

Please click accept so I may receive credit for my answer. Thank you!