Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.
14832673

hi.my husband has always accused me of being emotionaly abusive

hi.my husband has always accused me of being emotionaly abusive and verbally violent.after a recent fir,i read aboout the later-mentioned matters and i am realizing that he could right.is there help for me,what causes this as i was never abused and had avery pleasanct childhood?
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Keane replied 6 years ago.

Dr.Keane :

Hi I can help you with this today.

Expert:  Dr. Keane replied 6 years ago.

Hi, What you are saying in your post is that communication skills between you and your husband are poor and instead of talking about things, an example: he plans to go out with his friends you just yell that you don't like it and then feel ignored, or unheard or respected. Then you become verbally abusive.He too needs to work on giving you what you need in the marriage and that may mean more time. It's a pattern you have set up (both of you, not you alone) and you can break it. If you learn to communicate better, trust one another and not have your marriage be so full of anger. You have been to counseling and it might be a very good idea for both of you to go to marriage counseling to learn how to interact, how to be more respectful to each other and to have better understanding of each other needs. Once you learn how to do that you will be better equipped to communicate better .

Please click accept so I get credit for my answer and leave feedback. Thank you