Bill
Bill, LCSW, Consultant, Expert Witness
Experience:  35 years treating individuals, couples, families with mental health and substance abuse prob's
48585111

Post car accident, most injuries have healed but I am tired

Customer Question

Post car accident, most injuries have healed but I am tired and more emotional of the year of pain. I am usually positive, more worn down and the idea that there could be another six months of recovery. Having been the caretaker of the family, this is about attitude.
I am grateful , and plain tired. I did go to counseling and truly believe everyone has stresses.
I have 15 IV's a month to fight a healing infection from the accident and also talked with spiritual counselors. People seem to think I am doing fine. I feel invisible.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Bill replied 6 years ago.

Bill :

Hi Casey- I see you are offline however, I have read your question and offer the following: The emotional aspects of illness can be very complicated and it appears that you are adrift in what sounds like a mild to moderate depression for which you should receive evaluation and treatment. If you are receiving IV therapy, this can also effect your mood so you probably need to see someone that is trained to help in these areas and understand the comprehensive picture. That would be a Psychiatrist who would be able to evaluate whether or not you need some medication to help you through this difficult time. I see that have a support system,,,,,which is great but I again suggest that you add a Psychiatrist just to make sure that you are getting the comprehensive care you deserve. Ask your attending Doctor for a referral or feel free to contact me if you need referral assistance. All I need is your Zip Code.

Bill :

I wish you the best,

Bill :

Bill

Expert:  Bill replied 6 years ago.
Casey- you were off line and I left my response above
I wish you the best, Bill
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I WENT TO COUNSELING AS STATED, SO I GUESS THIS FORUM IS NOT USEFUL. I TSAID SOMEONE WAS ON-LINE LAST NIGHT ND THERE WAS NONE, I WAITED. I DO NOT NED MEDS TO HANDLE DEPRESSION OR PAIN.
THIS WAS LIFE CHANGING AND I DO NOT WNANT TO MEDICATE IT.
SORRY BUT I HAVE GONE TO A PYSCH COUNSELOR AND REACHED OUT IN MANY WAYS.
NOT ALL OF US CAN BE ANSWERED BY A DRUG WITH A LONG RECOVERY.