Bill, LCSW, Consultant, Expert Witness
Experience:  35 years treating individuals, couples, families with mental health and substance abuse prob's

I am concerned about my daughter. Shes in Gr 12. usually

Customer Question

I am concerned about my daughter. She's in Gr 12. usually well balanced, emotional intelligent, self-confident, very busy, involved in a lot of activities,aware of her strengths and weaknessess, sets very high standard for herself - not competitive with others, tends to very 'black and white'. I've noticed over a period now, she sleeps a lot, very emotional, irrational, unreasonable, food cravings (not overweight), PMS, 'fighting-fit', withdrawn, not the happy-go-lucky child she used to be. Can it be because of a mild depression, low serotonin levels (stress beacause of a busy program)? She has been like this on and off - (normal teenage behaviour?)but she's not getting over it/out of it, getting impossible to live with her at the moment.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Bill replied 5 years ago.

Bill :

Hello- I see you are off line but will reply and you can respond if you have questions.
From what you have written, I am concerned that there is something more that adolescent developmental issues going on and I would strongly suggest that she have a comprehensive medical and psychological evaluation to rule out any underlying bio-chemical or psychological

Bill :

issues. That way everyone can be informed and reassured and she can receive treatment, if needed. I would start with her regular doctor and seek referral from him/her for psychological evaluation.

Bill :

I wish you the best, Bill

Expert:  Bill replied 5 years ago.
You were off line and I have replied above.
I wish you the best,