Dr. Mark
Dr. Mark, Psychotherapist
Experience:  Dr. Mark is a PhD in psychology in private practice
50444359

I keep filming myself to see if i look gay...i dont understand

Customer Question

I keep filming myself to see if i look gay...i dont understand why I look different.I have a family but doubts cause me to be on anti-d's for last 11 years on & off...What do I do??
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Mark replied 6 years ago.

Hi! I believe I can be of help with this issue.

Let's start off the answer: There are a number of possibilities here. First is that there is some phobia that is going on. The other is that there is some compensating anxiety. A compensating anxiety is that there is something actually causing you anxiety in your life and rather than being able to deal with it directly, your mind pushes that scary anxiety and instead focuses you on this other anxiety you CAN handle consciously.

To be able to give you the best, XXXXX XXXXX and most comprehensive answer possible, though, I need a little more information from you.

Can you tell me what you see when you film yourself? What about what you see makes you anxious?

Are the antidepressants because of this issue?

Are you afraid you might actually be homosexual? What makes you think this might be true?

Okay, that information will help us. If this was enough of an answer, please remember to click the green ACCEPT button if you haven't already. And, thank you! Dr. Mark

Expert:  Dr. Mark replied 6 years ago.
Hi! I haven't heard back from you in a while. I hope everything is okay with you. If you feel the question is still not fully answered, let me know what still remains to be discussed. If you feel you've gotten benefit from my answer, please click the green accept button. If I can be of further help with any issue, just put "for Dr. Mark" in the front of your new question, and I'll be the one to answer it. All the best, XXXXX XXXXX
Expert:  Dr. Mark replied 6 years ago.
Hi! I certainly don't want to pester you if you found a different resolution to your question you asked. I put in quite a bit of time into thinking about and answering personally each question asked of me. So, if you feel you've gotten benefit from my answer, I will be grateful if you choose to click the green accept button. If I can be of further help with any issue, just put "for Dr. Mark" in the front of your new question, and I'll be the one to answer it. All the best, XXXXX XXXXX