Steven Olsen
Steven Olsen, Therapist
Experience:  More than twenty years of expertise in counseling, psychological diagnosis and education
45885103

I actually just wanted to thank you for that option rather

I actually just wanted to thank you for that option rather than meds. The risk of birth defects stresses me more than anything. I actually do have another question, my husband has smokes for back pain he broke his back 5 years ago and would rather use a free organic plant to manage pain than oxy. Would that effect the baby, he smokes in the garage

As long as you remain away from the smoke and are not exposed, no. The chemical is transferred by airborne means and is only harmful to the baby if inhaled by you. I would avoid the garage at all times and if you smell anything, leave the area. It would be better if he was able to smoke in an area that was outside of the home, but a good second compromise is to stay away from any possibility of inhaling the smoke.