Steven Olsen
Steven Olsen, Therapist
Experience:  More than twenty years of expertise in counseling, psychological diagnosis and education
45885103

If your pregnant and have extreme panic and anxiety disorder

If your pregnant and have extreme panic and anxiety disorder along with bipolar would it be healthier to use my medical marijuana to calm down or just panic and freak out?
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Steven Olsen replied 3 years ago.

I must say that under no circumstances should you use marijuana, medical or otherwise. There is a powerful link between marijuana use and ADHD and other disorders developing in children as a result of mom's use. THe drug also my deprive the baby of oxygen, a serious issue as well.

There is no need to go untreated. Cognitive behavioral therapy can help you limit the attacks and I will give you a resource that is very inexpensive on amazon.com. By following it, you will find that your panic attacks are minimized or eliminated. It is the treatment of choice even for those who can take medication.

The book is: The Anxiety and Phobia Workbook by Edmund Bourne. It is simply excellent and many of my clients gained great benefit from it. It is based on well researched principles of CBT.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thank you very much for your help, but I didn't see the link

What link are you referring to? If you mean the book's source... I am sorry I just forgot to put it in...my mistake. This is a book on amazon.com

Edited by Steven Olsen on 12/1/2010 at 9:24 PM EST
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Oh sorry I see it's just a book on amazon
Yes, and very inexpensive. My favorite therapy support book.
Steven Olsen, Therapist
Experience: More than twenty years of expertise in counseling, psychological diagnosis and education