Dr. Kaushik
Dr. Kaushik, Psychiatrist
Experience:  MD Psychiatry
9385906

Hi Dr.Kusik, My depression was defeated almost with anafranil

Hi Dr.Kusik, My depression was defeated almost with anafranil 150mg I had a brilliant Summer I felt great but as August came naturally my mood lowered as I faced into a new school year in a new school I have coped ok until now put I am finding it extremely difficult at present with anxiety and thoughts returning and mood low at times.. My Psychiatrist added priadel 400mg but I was not able to tolerate it now It has been reduced to 200mg..Is this combination effective for obsessional thoughts as I am not improving?
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Kaushik replied 3 years ago.

Customer:

Hi there,

Customer:

Welcome to Just answer !

Customer:

Well, priadel has been added by your psychiatrist to control your low mood as it is a mood stabilizing drug , but this drug does little to help your anxiety and obsessional thoughts , however , it makes a good combination with anafranil to treat your low mood , but to have more effect on your obsessional thoughts and anxiety , i would suggets that you ask your psychiatrist to add to these two drugs, one anti anxiety drug such as clonazepam or buspairone , clonazepam should be preferred for its faster action , but ask the the doctor to start it at a low dose and then gradually increase the dose as per the doctor's discretion and as oper the need.

Customer:

So, my suggestion to you as of now is that you ask your psychiatrist to start you on an anti anxiety drug such as clonazepam , while continuing on the present 2 drugs -- anafranil and priadel . so kindly discuss this with your doctor and i am quite positive that you will get relief from your obsessive thoughts and anxiety.

Customer:

I hope this helps..

Customer:

Wish you all the best...

Customer:
Customer:

Regards..

What Happens Now?

Your chat has ended, but you can still work with your Expert to get an answer to your question if you have not yet received one.

Come back to this page at any time to see additional information from your Expert.  You will also receive an email when your question is updated.  If you want to send a message to your Expert, use the box below.

If you have already received a satisfactory answer to your question, click the Accept button above.  Experts are credited for each accepted answer they provide.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Why are these disgusting thoughts I had last year trying to come back their not me completly out of character and frighten meFrown They make me feel so low and worthless.

Well, this is the nature of your illness which causes these disgusting thoughts to recur , so instead of getting all worked up about the cause , try to introduce the changes in your drug regime that i have suggested above and you will see the positive change in your condition with control over your obsessional thoughts.

I hope this helps..

Wish you all the best...

Regards..

Dr. Kaushik, Psychiatrist
Experience: MD Psychiatry