Dr. G.
Dr. G., Psychologist
Experience:  Licensed Psychologist.
15682972

My sons daughter lives with us. She is 23 and my son and her

My sons daughter lives with us. She is 23 and my son and her have a bedroom downstairs beside the TV room. Well when I go to bed and my husband is still up watching TV - she seems to make trips in and out of her bedroom with a tank top on without a bra. Am I just being paranoid or do you think this is being disrespectful towards me. My husband doesn't have the nerve to say anything but I want to. I decided that I want to bring it out in the open weather it hurts her feelings or not. What do you think. I am also tired of sharing my house with another girl how do I approach this with my son. She seems to do this every single night - goes and gets her tight clothes on and puts on a show for my husband.
I think you have every right to set down some rules of the house. After all, it is your house. If she can't live by your rules then she needs to get out. I wouldn't jump to the conclusion that she is trying to be provocative for your husband. It might just be who she is and what she likes to wear. But that still is inappropriate and you can tell her to put a robe on.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
How would I know if she is being provocative for my husband or not. I just notice her lifting her shirts and bending over with low tops on also.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

I'm sorry this is my sons girlfriend not daughter that makes a dirfference weather she is being provocative or not. What do you think?
Oh too funny. I was trying to do the math on her age and thought she was a little old to be a daughter. I guess there is no real way of telling if she is being provocative of if that is just how she is. You would think your son would have a problem with the way she dresses in front of you and his dad but I guess not. I wouldn't get bogged down in her motives for dressing that way. Just set the rules up and let her know that she needs to wear a robe if she is going to be in front of others. If she cannot abide by this rule then she can find a place that does not have that rule.