Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.
14832673

Sometimes I think I hear someone calling my name. Its never

Customer Question

Sometimes I think I hear someone calling my name. It's never constant, and only happens very, very occasionally. Although my name is XXXXX XXXXX since it really only happens in public places, maybe I am just hearing someone say a word and it sounds like Ben and I hear it as Ben. I don't know. I was once diagnosed with Adjustment Disorder with mixed conditions and Cluster B personality traits, but was later diagnosed with Major Depression and Anxiety with possible PTSD from being deployed to Iraq. But I've read that if you experience auditory hallucinations you could be schizophrenic. Also, although it's only happened twice in about two years, I've had experiences that are called "sleep paralysis" in which I wake up, locked into my bed (i'm basically dream while I'm awake? I think that's how someone explained it to me) and I am basically laying there frozen in bed and this dark figure with tentacles are spiraling out from it, although it generally only lasts a few moments and I either awaken or fall back asleep. My Mom has also told me that she has seen me sitting in the corner of my room with my eyes closed as if I were asleep. Also, she stated that I was trying to crawl out of my bed, my hands clenched in fists, pawing at the ground. I do not remember these instances.

Is it possible that i'm schizophrenic? I'm currently taking effexor, klonopin, and methylphenidate, but never since i started these meds have I experienced a night terror or sleep walking, but I have heard my name being whispered or a short, quiet yell (as if it's from a distance).
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Donna-moderator replied 6 years ago.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I’m a Moderator for JustAnswer.

Thanks for your question!

I'm sorry that you haven't received an answer yet. Questions usually are answered within the hour, but this can depend on different factors, including the difficulty of your question, how many questions are being posted by customers and how many Experts are on the site at the time you posted your question.

I will go ahead and try to find an Expert to assist you with your question and appreciate your patience. You will receive an email notification when an Expert replies to you, just as you did here.

Please do not reply to this message unless you do not need further help. If that is the case, please let me know and I can assist you with that.

Please remember that if you get a satisfactory answer from your Expert to click the green “Accept” button so the Expert is compensated for a job well done. Positive feedback is also appreciated. :)

If you have any questions regarding deposits or billing, please feel free to use the help link below:

http://www.justanswer.com/help/contact.aspx

Best,
Donna
Moderator

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Relist: No answer yet.