How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Olsen Your Own Question
Dr. Olsen
Dr. Olsen, Psychologist
Category: Mental Health
Satisfied Customers: 2336
Experience:  PsyD Psychologist
Type Your Mental Health Question Here...
Dr. Olsen is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

is there any condition similar to having something like...a

This answer was rated:

is there any condition similar to having something like...a chronic freudian slip? random thought patterns that are always present...with memory loss, etc.
Hello & Welcome to JustAnswer. It sounds like you may be referring to impulse control issues (impulsive speech?), disorganized mind, and memory loss. These symptoms may be indicative of neuro-psychiatric condition like ADD/ADHD and mood disorder like Depression and Anxiety. Did I answer your question? Please let me know if you have more questions. Warm regards,
Dr. Olsen and other Mental Health Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
what would be the significant differences between the impulse control issues with ADD/ADHD and/or Depression/Anxiety? How would one be tested or treated if this were a concern? Thanks an namaste!
Hi, Thanks for your response. "A Freudian slip" speech and disorganized mind may be caused by ADHD and/or Anxiety as it has to do with
impulse control issues. Memory loss may be caused by ADHD and/or Depression. Some symptoms of Anxiety may be similar to those of ADHD in irritable behavior. However, primary conditions of ADHD are inattention and hyperactivity. To note, a person may have all - ADHD, Anxiety and Depression.

First of all, you may need to see your primary care physician for a physical check-up to rule out and detect any medical condition that may cause these symptoms. Then, you may take an ADD/ADHD screening test in a local hospital to detect and rule out ADD/ADHD. Then you may take a psychological assessment/evaluation by a clinical psychologist to see if you have anxiety and/or depression.

Please let me know if you have more questions. Warm regards,

Related Mental Health Questions