Dr. Olsen
Dr. Olsen, Psychologist
Experience:  PsyD Psychologist

is there any condition similar to having something like...a

is there any condition similar to having something like...a chronic freudian slip? random thought patterns that are always present...with memory loss, etc.
Hello & Welcome to JustAnswer. It sounds like you may be referring to impulse control issues (impulsive speech?), disorganized mind, and memory loss. These symptoms may be indicative of neuro-psychiatric condition like ADD/ADHD and mood disorder like Depression and Anxiety. Did I answer your question? Please let me know if you have more questions. Warm regards,
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
what would be the significant differences between the impulse control issues with ADD/ADHD and/or Depression/Anxiety? How would one be tested or treated if this were a concern? Thanks an namaste!
Hi, Thanks for your response. "A Freudian slip" speech and disorganized mind may be caused by ADHD and/or Anxiety as it has to do with
impulse control issues. Memory loss may be caused by ADHD and/or Depression. Some symptoms of Anxiety may be similar to those of ADHD in irritable behavior. However, primary conditions of ADHD are inattention and hyperactivity. To note, a person may have all - ADHD, Anxiety and Depression.

First of all, you may need to see your primary care physician for a physical check-up to rule out and detect any medical condition that may cause these symptoms. Then, you may take an ADD/ADHD screening test in a local hospital to detect and rule out ADD/ADHD. Then you may take a psychological assessment/evaluation by a clinical psychologist to see if you have anxiety and/or depression.

Please let me know if you have more questions. Warm regards,