Dr. Olsen
Dr. Olsen, Psychologist
Experience:  PsyD Psychologist

My 10 year old son just told my wife and I that he did something

My 10 year old son just told my wife and I that he did something "gay" when he was 5. He and another boy touched each others private parts. What should we do? Is he questioning whether or not he is? He has older brothers that are 17 and 19, so he probably hears more that most 10 year olds hear.
Hello & Welcome to JustAnswer. It sounds like your son may have confessed what he did with another boy when he was age five. It is not uncommon that five year-old boys play with their own private parts and touch others' private parts in play. His statement may not indicate that he is gay in terms of sexuality issues. He may have simply told you that he did "something gay" since many ten year-olds know about being gay from media. You may ask him what he thinks of that openly. He may tell you more about his thoughts and feelings. Let me know if you have more questions or I have overlooked any. Warm regards,