Carol Kryder LMFT
Carol Kryder LMFT, Mental Health Professional
Experience:  APA Board Certified, Diplomate,Substance Abuse Professional, 20 years family therapy experience
13965555

my wife who is 50 yrs old was mixing alcohol and lexapro and

my wife who is 50 yrs old was mixing alcohol and lexapro and got to a point she was seeing things they put here in hospital dried her out now they have labeled her incompetent and all she does is cry about everything i dont no who to see or who to turn to for help
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Carol Kryder LMFT replied 6 years ago.

Carol Kryder LMFT :

Hello and Welcome to JustAnswer. Your question is not closed until you are satisfied. I am happy to assist you with your question.

Carol Kryder LMFT :

Your wife is very ill and needs intensive therapy to help her learn how to cope without using alcohol. Has someone suggested inpatient substance abuse and dual disorder treatment? Who labeled her incompetent? What does that mean in your state? Were the courts involved or just the hospital? I suggest you call an alcoholism treatment facility or psychiatric hospital in your area and ask them for a free consult to see where she needs to be.

Carol Kryder LMFT :

Let me know if you have further questions.