Carol Kryder LMFT
Carol Kryder LMFT, Mental Health Professional
Experience:  APA Board Certified, Diplomate,Substance Abuse Professional, 20 years family therapy experience

Hello Carol, My situation has changed very little. We did

Hello Carol,

My situation has changed very little. We did have a large family gathering for Thanksgiving in the beautiful Napa Valley. My husband really enjoyed being with the family, and functioned quite normally. I suspect the family members think he is cured. Not so. When we returned home the next day he returned to bed. This was two days ago. I was able to get him up for a few hours to attend church, and do a little grocery shopping. Today, once again he is back in bed. I feel totally helpless. I do go on with my activities, but always returning home is difficult. I try to keep my spirits up, but have found that it is a constant struggle. The most difficult part is when he is in a social situation he always acts normal and I feel so uplifted and hopeful. Then when we return home the slump begins. None of my children or family members are aware of his situation. I have dealt with it by myself for several years now. We are on a fixed income, so psychiatric help is much too expensive for our budget. It does appear there are no options available. I truly hope that I can find some solution.

Thank you,

Carol Kryder LMFT :

Hello and Welcome to JustAnswer. Your question is not closed until you are satisfied. I am happy to assist you with your question. Give me a minute to read your question.

Carol Kryder LMFT :

I am so sorry that things are not improving. Unfortunately we cannot change other people. Your husband's behavior has remained consistent so I am sorry to tell you that you have no reason to believe he will change.

Carol Kryder LMFT :

Your choices are limited. I suggest you carry on with your own life and do things that do not include him. Spend time with your friends, develop hobbies. Of course you can invite him, and you should continue to do so, but if he chooses to stay in bed that is no reason why you should be held hostage by his illness.

Carol Kryder LMFT :

I will be offline most of today, but will check back this evening. Best to you.