Karyn Jones
Karyn Jones, Mental Health Professional
Experience:  Diploma of Counselling and Transactional Analysis Counselling, Lifeline counselling, Pastoral Care.
44579284

Can I safely take Kavinace and Nuvoxil with Wellbutrin for

Customer Question

Can I safely take Kavinace and Nuvoxil with Wellbutrin for depression
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Karyn Jones replied 6 years ago.
Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX know how sorry I am to hear of your struggling with the effects of depression and thank you for bringing your inquiry to Just Answer.with regards XXXXX XXXXX use of Kavinace and Nuvoxil, supplements alongside SSRIs like Paxil, Prozac and Zoloft, wellbutrin, has not be known to cause any untoward effects if taken in low dosages. However, cases may vary from patient to patient so it is important that you are supervised by your doctor...and purchase good quality supplements sold by a reputable clinical nutritionist...Nuvoxil will also need to be taken at night as one of the possible side effects is drowsiness and so should not be taken during the day or when driving..using machinery...

I hope this has been helpful to you if it has please 'accept' my response as it also helps to keep this valuable service going for you and others in the future....all the very best
Karyn
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
It came in as my junk mail that is why I didn't accept. Can I take the nuvoxil and the kavinace with Xanax .025 mg. I noticed on the kavinace bottle that it says to use with caution when taking any medication with sedative properties. I don't take them often, I usually take half a tablet when I need them, I'd say maybe once a week on average I take 1/2 a tablet
Hello thank you for your reply though originally you mentioned taking Nuvoxil and kavinace with Wellbutrin, have you withdrawn from this medication and changed over to Xanax ? because Xanax is of a more powerful sedative than Wellbutrin and I wouldn't advise taking both together with Nuvoxil and Kavinace.......though 1/2 a tablet of Xanax only.......once a week should be alright...but I wouldn't take any more than that... and only if necessary..so please don't take any more than 0.25 once a week..and always with food..interactions of medication really depend upon the individual ..and I would stay in touch with your Dr and or local pharmacy with regards XXXXX XXXXX possible side effects.
best wishes
Karyn
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I go days and days without any xanax. I only take a 1/2 of one. A whole one is .025 mg. I only take 1/2 of one. As a matter of fact I last got the precription filled 1/10/10 and that was for 60 tablets and I still have 15 left. I take them when I have to go over bridges driving or when I have to go to a party etc. I no longer take the wellbutrin, the last one I took was yesterday morning, but I am planning on taking 1/2 of a xanax because I have an ornament party to go to tomorrow night I started taking the Nuvoxil and the Kavinace today. I live alone and want to know if it is all right to take them together (not at the same time)
Hello thank you for your reply...I can understand your concerns but discontinuing Wellbutrin requires the advice of a doctor and should never be stopped abruptly. A gradual decrease is necessary to avoid withdrawal symptoms...as there are over 50 withdrawal symptoms associated with Wellbutrin which have been reported. They range in severity from mild annoyances to life threatening conditions and generally require monitoring by a medical professional...So I think changing from one ssri to another such as Xanax abruptly without going through a gradual process of withdrawal is not recommended..you might well be experiencing withdrawal side effects
With Nuvoxil it is recommend to take this prior to going to bed because it has a sedative ingredient in it that effectively causes drowsiness the ingredient is called (tryptophanan)
Therefore, it is a good idea that you take it during night time and never if you need to drive or operate heavy machineries. However, drowsiness can be beneficial for you to help you if you also have trouble initiating sleep. Other side effects include dry mouth, dizziness, nausea and loss of appetite. Disorientation and confusion are very rare side effects of tryptophan.. found in Nuvoxil..
I think with crossing over to Xanax and withdrawing from Wellbutrin and driving at night while taking a further sedative I cannot recommend..you will have to get back to your Dr or pharmacist..on this..
But I have heard that both Kavinace and Nuvoxil, and TravaCor Neuro formulas are successful for many on there own....without the use of ssri's at all.

Many thanks
Karyn