Mina, Clinical Psychologist
Experience:  Working as a Highly Specialist Clinical Psychologist in NHS. Experience in both children and adults

ive been married three years my husband has a 21year old daughter.She

ive been married three years my husband has a 21year old daughter.She steals my daughter stuff and mine and when comforted adamately denies it.She recently got married and came home for a visit and while we were gone was at the house doing laundry once again my earrings come up missing when asked of course denied it I feel like a prisoner in my own house!My husband asks me what do i want him to do he asks her,she denies it and he says i cant disown my own blood!She has a history of this same behavior in his last marriage!She feels entitled to everyone stuff!What can i do talking to her doesnt work she denies the behavior,so do i just give up and divorce my husband?Im tired of rebuying stuff its hundrededs of dollors over the years
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Mina replied 5 years ago.

I am sorry to hear about this situation. I can see that you are obviously very frustrated. Can I ask if her father has told you, has she always had this behavior at his previous home as a child?if yes, then what were the implications on her?do you think or have you heard if she has ever got in trouble with the police for shoplifting or you think that this behavior is limited to the family members which is indicating lack of boundaries? does she have any other mental health problems? What does her father suggest to do?

Some more information would allow me to have a better idea of your issue.

thank you