Lori Gephart
Lori Gephart, Licensed Psychologist
Experience:  Licensed Psychologist and Hypnotherapist 20 years of experience helping clients of all ages.

I am 37, never been married, never been with the one or had

I am 37, never been married, never been with the one or had the feeling of the one. I am dating a couple of men right now. One only been out a couple of times,
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Lori Gephart replied 5 years ago.

Thank you for contacting JustAnswer. Can you clarify what your question is so that I can help. Thank you in advance.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Should I settle, continue dating, or just give up?? I know everyone says 'you don't need a man to make you happy'. But having a partner sure makes life easier & happier. I am lonely & sad & just want some advice. Someone to talk to...

Thank you for the additional information. Finding someone who is right for you, who shares many of your values and goals, can be a process. The more you begin to feel confident and comfortable with yourself the more you will be attractive to others. Rather than giving up, I would suggest you focus on finding ways to like yourself and feel worthy of others liking you. In the meantime, dating can be an enjoyable process of meeting new people, making friends and expanding your world rather than feeling like a failure if you don't find the right person right away.

When you experience feelings of loneliness or sadness it could be helpful to write about your feelings and to allow yourself to feel them without judging yourself or trying to run from the feelings. The more you allow yourself to feel your feelings a little bit at a time the more you can work through them and allow yourself to be in the moment of whatever you are feeling. Remember that you are not alone in these feelings. Many people struggle with finding someone, only to find the once they are comfortable with themselves and relaxed in their lives the right person often comes along.

Please let me know if I can help further.