Bill, LCSW, Consultant, Expert Witness
Experience:  35 years treating individuals, couples, families with mental health and substance abuse prob's

I am schizo-affective. Currently not hallucinating, but have

Customer Question

I am schizo-affective. Currently not hallucinating, but have been abusing very large amounts of codeine and lorazepam for weeks. I can barely struggle through the work days, and due to redundancy, I start a new job next week, and I don't know how I will cope. The struggle to act normally is too tiring, I don't know how long I can keep it up. I am in severe debt, and cannot afford any time off work at all. I am not suicidal, but I fear I may snap at any time. I need a retreat in the countryside to try and escape from the relentless texts, emails, calls, and (well intentioned) interrogations by loved ones. I don't know where to start. I am so confused. Any advise you have would be appreciated. How much will it cost? Thanks for your time. J.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Bill replied 5 years ago.
THanks for the question: You are most likely very familiar with the community/neighborhood mental health center where you live. You need to make contact with them as soon as possible so that you can get the necessary treatment and stabilization. Until you are properly stabilized, you know that you will not be able to function appropriately in a new job so you need to act now and contact the Mental Health Center closest to you. If you need referral assistance, please let me know where you live in the UK and I will provide referral.
Best, Bill